COEUR D'ALENE, ID, August 28, 2013 -- Star Gold Corp. ("Star Gold" or the "Company") (OTCQB: SRGZ) announced it has completed, for 2013, drilling on the Main Zone of the Longstreet Project and released the highlights of the results of the last fourteen (14) holes drilled. These fourteen holes totaled 4,680 feet and the total drilling program for 2013 at the Main Zone encompassed 20 holes totaling 6,930 feet. All holes drilled were reverse circulation (RC) holes.
The 2013 drilling program was designed to infill drill portions of the Main Zone which were not captured in the calculations of the Technical Report dated December 2012 issued by Agnerian Consultants. Four (4) holes of the twenty drilled were outside the proposed pit area outlined in the February 2013 Technical Report.
Highlights of the drilling include:
- Infill drill holes were consistent with the block models outlined in the Feb 2013 Technical Report;
- LS-1309 which sits in the center of Main Zone was drilled to 225 ft and produced 0.033 oz/t gold equivalent (AuEq);
- LS-1313, also in the center of the Main Zone, north of LS-1309, was drilled to 40 ft and produced 0.051oz/t gold equivalent (AuEq);
- LS-1308, drilled on the southeastern edge of the Main Zone across the Opal Ridge Fault, revealed what we believe to be a new discovery either in or beyond the fault (280-340 ft). The 60 foot intercept averaged 0.017 oz/ton gold equivalent (AuEq);
- LS-1319, drilled 200 ft east of the proposed pit intersected 50 ft of +0.01 oz/ton gold equivalent (Au Equiv.). including 5 feet of 0.166 oz/ton Au and 54.3 oz/ton Ag, the highest silver assay we’ve produced at Longstreet;
- LS-1320 was abandoned due to poor ground conditions.
A complete drill map can be found at this link:
Highlight table of the drilling can be found at this link:
“A number of potentially significant findings emerged from the 2013 drilling program at Longstreet which continued to show the continuity of the deposit. Most noteworthy, were the drill results outside the proposed pit area which have opened up possibilities to extend to the east of the outlined pit,” said Scott Jenkins, Director of Exploration and Chief Geologist of Star Gold Corp. “Moving forward, our goal is to tie the drilling on the Main Zone to a definable pit. Our next steps are to integrate these 2013 drill holes into an updated Technical Report and the near-term release of our metallurgical work.”
About Star Gold Corp.
Star Gold is a gold exploration/development company with 113 unpatented claims located within the Walker Lane belt of Nevada. The Company is currently focused on developing its flagship project, the Longstreet Gold Project. The Longstreet Gold Project is located 48 kilometers southeast of the Round Mountain Mine in Nye County, Nevada.
Certain statements in this press release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "future," "may," "will," "would," "should," "plan," "projected," "intend," and similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of Star Gold Corp (the Company) to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The Company's future operating results are dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to the Company's ability to: (i) obtain sufficient capital or a strategic business arrangement to fund its expansion plans; (ii) build the management and human resources and infrastructure necessary to support the growth of its business; (iii) competitive factors and developments beyond the Company's control; and (iv) other risk factors discussed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which are available for review at http://www.sec.gov/ under "Search for Company Filings.
SOURCE Star Gold Corp.