HARTFORD, CT, Feb 5, 2014 - IFG Companies has announced that it has hired Debra Taylor - Vice President Product Management. Debra will be responsible for working with the Product Management Team and other IFG Business Leaders to, more rapidly, introduce new, competitive products to the market. Debra will also be overseeing the process of, more rapidly, updating our products and policy issuance tools in response to market conditions and regulatory changes.
"Debra has a unique and diverse background including deep experience in underwriting, claims, compliance and product management," said Bob Linton, Chairman of IFG Companies. "We are thrilled to have Debra join us as we transform and grow the company into more strategic, dynamic, responsive and forward-thinking business units dedicated to better serving their customers."
Debra joins IFG from the Housing Authority Insurance Group where she served as Compliance Officer and Legal Counsel. There, she supervised corporate compliance, product development from product ideation through regulatory approval and implementation, and internal audit. She was also responsible for researching new and pending laws and regulations, interacting with the department of insurance and reviewing a variety of contracts and agreements. Prior to that, Debra worked at The Hartford, where she served in various capacities including as lead counsel for legal and regulatory issues for the Construction, Risk Management and Individual Risk commercial lines business segments and as counsel for the Surplus Lines and Specialty Property units. Additionally, Debra served as co-counsel for The Hartford's TRIA working group where she provided external and internal legal support for the passage of TRIA legislation and worked to develop and implement The Hartford's long-term corporate terrorism strategy.
Debra began her career as an Underwriter for Liberty Mutual. She has also worked in a variety of claims, legal and underwriting roles for companies such as AIG and Royal & Sun Alliance and has extensive expertise across a broad array of commercial lines products.
Debra holds a BA from University of Massachusetts (Amherst) and a JD from Suffolk University.
Founded in 1985, IFG Companies is one of the largest privately held insurance groups in the United States. IFG provides property-casualty insurance on both an Excess and Surplus Lines (non-admitted) basis and an admitted basis.
Coverages are underwritten by IFG's affiliated insurers: The Burlington Insurance Company, First Financial Insurance Company, Alamance Insurance Company and Guilford Insurance Company. All hold an A (Excellent) IX rating from A. M. Best Company.
In addition to the newly formed Professional Lines unit, IFG has four principal business units that sell exclusively through Wholesalers: Brokerage, Binding Authority, Submit and Property:
- Brokerage: underwrites general liability insurance for businesses of all sizes on a transactional basis including for distributors, importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, habitational, vacant buildings, retail and service-related industries.
- Binding Authority: offers coverage for an extensive, yet focused list of classes of business written exclusively through contracted producers.
- Submit: underwrites referral business on a transactional basis primarily from IFG's Binding Authority unit and from individually submitted accounts for general liability, property, inland marine and package products coverages for small to medium-sized businesses (e.g., artisan contractors, distributors, importers, wholesalers, manufacturers, office/habitational risks and retail/service industries).
- Property: underwrites property insurance for small to large businesses such as the amusement, recreational, education, financial, government sectors, habitational, health, office/professional, mercantile/retail, trade/services and vacant buildings.
Because we're committed to get the job done by providing you with:
- The products you need,
- The service you require,
- The quality you expect, and
- The professionalism you deserve.
For IFG Companies:
SOURCE: IFG Companies